photo via Eva Abreu on Flickr
So it couldn’t be avoided; after traveling around almost 25% of the country, driving up mountains and through tornadoes, seeing actual stars, finally learning to swim and coming very close to punching an Atlantic City seagull, I’ve finally returned to smelly, noisy ol’ New York City. So what did I learn while I was away?
- This country is pretty damn big.
- Assholes aren’t confined to New York City. They exist in Chicago, Ann Arbor, Pittsburgh, Atlantic City and everywhere in between.
- If you’ve never left New York, you’ve never seen the stars.
- New York is the only city where people hang out outside. Everywhere else they kinda hide indoors.
- Gas is cheaper in New York City than it is in parts of rural Indiana.
- Make sure you enter a kayak with both feet.
- “Everyone floats in water” is an old wive’s tale. Some
bloggerspeople sink like rocks.
So with that mind, let’s try to catch up on the stuff that happened while I was away, deal?